We have extensive expertise in these practice areas:
- Advising business owners and entrepreneurs on corporate structure, financing, and all business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, sale of assets or company stock, and forward-thinking business planning as well as day-to-day operational issues over the life of the business
- Creating succession plans for closely-held and family businesses
- Advising families on all wealth transfer and tax issues, including estate planning, lifetime gifts, charitable gifts planning and advanced tax reduction strategies including post-mortem tax planning
- Administering decedents’ estates and trusts and administration of guardianship estates
- Representation for the grantors, trustees and beneficiaries of disputed trusts and charitable bequests
- Handling complex real estate transactions, including the sale, purchase, 1031 exchange, development, financing and leases of retail, office, industrial and other commercial properties as well as transactions for residential properties
- Representation in administrative proceedings involving the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities with respect to estate and gift tax matters
- Litigating commercial matters, including contract disputes and commercial torts, non-competition litigation, trade secret litigation, construction litigation, and disputes arising within closely-held businesses.
For a conference call or in-person consultation with our attorneys, please call 847.272.8850
© 2016 Kantor Apter & Esposito Ltd.
650 Dundee Road, Suite 160, Northbrook, Illinois 60062